Rocca Sinibalda is located in Eastern Sabina, in the Valley of Turano, the natural corridor that from the edge of the Rieti Plain goes towards Carsoli through the Turano lake. Behind the East rises the mountain group of Monte Navegna and Monte Cervia. The first evidence of the village is in a document of 1084, we refer to it as “de Sinibaldo”, the then ruler of Sabina. Until 1524 the village was disputed by several families and administrations, it was during this period that the impressive castle in the shape of a scorpion (an eagle according to someone) was designed, which can still be visited today. The village was owned by the Mareri family, and here was born Santa Filippa, the first Franciscan Saint. Today the entire territory of Rocca Sinibalda is part of the San Benedetto Route.